Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 194 of 365

Yesterday I wrote about Kyle graduating from high school.  Today I ordered his graduation present.  I made a promise to him four years ago that if he graduated top of his class, he would get a Martin guitar as his graduation present.  Despite the odds being stacked against him, he persevered and he will walk across the stage in a little over a week as the valedictorian of the Crane High School Class of 2011.  Being able to keep this promise to him means so much to me. 

I can't think of one thing that my son loves more than music.  He listens to it, he plays it, he quotes it.  He picks up an instrument for the first time and can play it before you know it.  The talent flows through that child, er man.  He plays beautifully.  He taught himself how to play guitar, among other instruments.  When I am blessed enough to hear him play guitar, it sends chills through me. 

I can't think of one person that deserves to get something that they really want more than Kyle.  He has worked so hard for as long as I can remember.  I couldn't be more proud of him. 

I love you, Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment