Wednesday, February 29, 2012

God breezes...AKA Day 107 of 365

Okay, just had one of those moments of clarity.  For the past couple of days I have been feeling incredibly overwhelmed with packing and preparing to move. I have been doing the things that needed to be done, but not at all with a joyful heart or in the quantities that needed to be done.  I had been feeling more irritated about trying to get it all done.  Then a moment ago, in a moment of true clarity, I heard the message come across loud and clear.  Instead of being irritated with moving, I am grateful that our new home is ready for us to move into now.  We are blessed to have a new home in a quiet neighborhood in which to start the next chapter in our lives.  Instead of being angry at myself for all of the stuff we have accumulated since we moved to Marlin and are now having to pack, I am feeling blessed that we have the means to pick up the things we need, when we need them. I am thankful that we are able to pass on some of the things to a needy family to bless them.   I am thankful that we will all be together in Whitney where my honey can now get an extra hour of sleep in the morning instead having to get up early and make the hour long drive to Whitney for work.  I am thankful that my beautiful daughter is so excited at the possibility of making new friends in her new school.  I am thankful that we will be surrounded with a new view in which to gather inspiration to foster the creativity that I know resides within each of us.  I am thankful that we will be pushed to get things unpacked quickly so that the next weekend we can welcome family for a visit with open arms since we haven't seen them in almost a year.  I am thankful that we will get to spend a few days with Kyle over Spring Break as well.  I am thankful that Emily is excited at the thought of getting to spend some time in Odessa with the other side of her family over Spring Break. I am looking forward to exploring our new town.  I am realizing that I was in need of an attitude adjustment and am thankful that God saw fit just a bit ago to knock me upside the head and remind me of all the things we have been blessed with in our lives.  Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment