Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Survivor... AKA Day 16 of 365

One might think that since tonight is a Survivor night, that tonight's post is referring to the TV show. Quite to the contrary, it is in reference to me being a survivor of yet another November. When I sat at my computer this morning, I glanced down into the lower left corner and upon seeing the date, a smile came across my face. Once again, I made it through November and kept my sanity. For well over half my life, November has been tough for me. It is a month filled with dates of sadness, where many tears are shed.

To share just a few, I lost the only man I ever called Grandpa in November when I was 15 years old. I still miss him so much.



Then a few days shy of a year later, I had my first miscarriage. Obviously I don't have a picture to show in tribute, however, I wear a tribute everyday in my tattoo. The two bees with angel wings and halos represent the babies I lost:

Then 9 years ago I lost the woman my daughter was named after, my grandma. I still talk to her almost every day:


As sad as I get every month over these events as well as others, I am happy to say I made it through. Thank you to God for seeing me through, but also to Jim for being so loving and understanding every year during this trying time. You are my rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment