Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Old and wrinkly...AKA Day 9 of 365

Today, my 16 year old son, Zach, made me love him even more. We have a tradition of playing Tetris when we get some time together. It's a friendly, healthy competition that we really enjoy. We used to play for chores. We would make a list of chores, then whoever lost the round would have to pick from the chore list. This way we could spend the whole day playing if we liked and still get our house cleaned. Today we were having a terrible time with the higher levels, we each kept having to restart and our catchphrase became "It's never gonna end!" Then Zach said the sweetest thing: "We are going to be old and wrinkly, still playing and it's still never gonna end!" I saw "awwwww, that's the sweetest thing you have ever said to me!" He laughed and said "what?" with this silly voice, funny face he makes. I said "that means you don't think I am already old and wrinkly!" We were giggling about it later on and I said "That also means you think I will still be alive when YOU are old and wrinkly!" I really love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment