Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 9 of 365

I have been contemplating since I got out of bed what the topic of today's post will be. I guess a good place to start would be my personality. I think I have one of those personalities that you either love or you hate. I think I evoke strong feelings in people either way. I am a tell it like it is kind of person and come from a long line of those. I don't like to hurt people's feelings, but I don't sugar coat things either. If you come to me and want my opinion, boy you better hold on because you are going to get it. But in the same token, I expect the same from the people around me. Oh I may get my feelings hurt if you tell it like it is, but I can go in the corner and lick my wounds, put my big girl panties back on and come back to hash it all out. I will have much more respect for you that way. Now along with the "tell it like it is personality" also comes the "I am stubborn as a mule and my way is the right way" side of things. I know this one isn't as favorable, but it is there all the same. BUT, if I see that your way of doing something really is better, I have no problem saying "I'm sorry, I was wrong and you were right". My patience may run thin often, but I am working on that one. Hey, we all need something to strive for in this big old world. I try to be a good listener and think I am most times, but sometimes with my multi-tasking personality comes the thought from others that I'm not paying attention to them. Sometimes it is just that my mind is already two steps ahead. My mantra for this year has been "BE HERE NOW" and I think overall I have done pretty well with that. I try to enjoy things as they happen and let them go if I have no control. Unfortunately there are people in my life that insist on trying to push me into certain actions because they feel they know how things should be and what I should be doing to make it that way. To these people I say, had I wanted your opinion, I would have certainly asked, and giving me your opinion over and over on different days isn't going to make it happen. Sometimes you just have to love people and overlook their need to "be helpful".

Wow, not sure where all of that came from. Okay I may have an idea of where it came from but thought it was going to stay buried for a little while longer.

Another pet peeve: People who forget that you have made an appointment with them. Emily and I made plans to go to the nursing home this past Saturday and do arts and crafts with the wiser folks. We were set to arrive at 10. We got there about 9:45 and the activities director never showed up. Now mind you, I had already purchased all the supplies and put together the frames. GRRRR So today I have to call this lady and find out what the heck happened.

I think that is enough for today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that really bites. To volunteer your time like that and the person that is supposed to truly want you there, and need you there, flakes out. Hopefully there was good reasoning and a big apology.

    As far as personalities go, I love yours or else you wouldn't be my p. Ironic considering my one thing is the whole "my way or the high way route" gets anyone pretty much no where with me, and I tell people that all the time who try to pull it on me (take my stepfather), but thankfully you and I have had few instances where our ground was being stood so strongly that there couldn't be compromise. But I am a tell it like it is girl, sometimes that sort of drops people's jaws because they don't really expect it, but why would anyone be any other way? I'm honest, and yes, I try to be tactful and careful of how I word things... but if I have something to say it is coming out. lol

    I have to curb that around work or else rut roh... cause believe me, there is much that ticks me right off that I'd love to be honest about... but that would get me no where but in trouble. lol

    Love you p.

    ReplyDelete