Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 8 of 365

I got out of bed by 7 this morning and played on the computer a bit. Then Miss Emmy and I snuggled up on the couch and watched Grown Ups. After it was over, I made brunch. My honey had requested French Toast for this morning so I made Green's maple bacon, eggs and french toast. I love to cook but sometimes I get frustrated trying to time things so everything makes it to the table at the same time and is still hot. I suppose that will always be an issue with me. I also get frustrated when I take a long time making a meal (not this morning) and fill it with love and then we manage to gobble it down in 10-15 minutes. We do always eat together as it is something I insist on happening. Also, no one gets up from the table until we are all done. I value this time we share. I do love to prepare things for my loved ones. I also love trying out new recipes. Today I am planning to make Pecan Pie Muffins. If they turn out as delicious as they look in the picture, then I will be making another batch for the women that Jim works with. I usually make something for them every week. It's getting to be the holiday time, and like it or not, I always make way too much. There are just so many things I like to make during the holidays, so thankfully there are lots of people to share at his work.

When Jim got home Friday night, and we were on our way out for dinner, Emily told him how glad she was that he was home. Then he said "Me, too, Sweets". I thought it was sweet. Then she popped out with "Afterall, I can't take care of Mommy all the time." We both busted out laughing. She is such a sweetheart. We sure have enjoyed having him back home.

I suppose the rest of the day will be spent switching between cooking, movies, cleaning and playing games with the family. Hoping it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment