Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 285 of 365

By far the best surprise I have ever pulled off for my Emmy. Her dream was to see a live panda and I managed to keep my mouth shut and pull off a return trip that was different than our route there in order to go through Memphis to see her first panda. It wasn't easy keeping it a secret and wouldn't you know the weather was NOT cooperating when we woke up at the hotel across the Mississippi line from Memphis, but we waited it out and managed to keep it a secret until we drove in the Memphis Zoo parking lot. I was so excited for her!


After visiting the zoo we headed to Little Rock to have supper with Jim's first wife and her husband. I will admit I was a little apprehensive but everything was really nice. I enjoyed meeting them both.

After supper we went to Texarkana to spend the night with Uncle Dave and Aunt Marian. This was the first time Emily and Jim met them. We had a wonderful visit and I hope it won't be another 6 years before I see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment