Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 269 of 365

In looking for a certain piece I wrote this morning, I looked back through many different things I wrote years ago.

Written around March-April 2001

ANGER AND URINATION JUST DON’T MIX
This is a true story. I wish I was making it up, but I have to tell you that when this happened, although I tried not to, I laughed for about an hour straight and it became the running joke for a week. Although an unlikely subject to joke about, this story is dedicated to urination.
My oldest son, Kyle, received a scooter for his birthday at his party on Saturday March 17th. He also received a water gun (not from Mommy and Daddy mind you, as we NEVER give toys guns as gifts). The thing with toy guns in our house is we don’t care if they are toys, you don’t point them at anyone. We have instilled this in them since they were tots and my brother insisted that he be allowed to give them guns.
Zachary and Kyle were outside playing in the backyard when all of the sudden I hear Zach screaming and Kyle coming in the back door. This is a direct quote: "Mama, Zachary peed on my scooter" I tried to keep a straight face as I knew that I shouldn’t encourage laughter at this point, but it was very difficult to do. I asked the normal mother question at this point: "What did you do to him first?" In response I got the normal child answer at this point: "Nothing" I summoned Zachary into the house to get to the bottom of
this peeing incident. As it turned out, Kyle had pointed a fully loaded water gun at Zachary, and somewhere in his adventurous little mind Zachary decided that he would use his own personal "water gun" to get back at Kyle. Again, while I am listening to Zach’s side of things, I am trying to keep a straight face as I don’t want to make him think I approve of his reaction. I sent him into the living room to finish off the afternoon, at which time I couldn’t control the laughter any longer and the tears were readily flowing
down my face. I was playing canasis online with L-Kay at the time and was trying to type in exactly what had happened and why I was having such a delay in getting back to the game. My fingers didn’t want to work right, but she got the gist of the story and she in turn was laughing so hard she was crying, as were the other two players at the table.
For the rest of the day especially, and throughout that next week, we all took turns, cracking up at the mental image of Zachary doing what he did. Now, I know that to some people this may not seem funny, and to you I say, YOU HAD TO BE THERE!
God bless our children!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's funny! Ha ha ha ha! Wow! Kids find the funniest ways to defend themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has become one of those family stories that is often retold lol

    ReplyDelete