Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's the little things...

Okay, so it's the little things in life that I do, and should, cherish the most. I made a fabulous lunch today with penne, homemade sauce and this yummy four cheese Italian sausage cut up in it. It rocked! As homemade sauce always does though, it made a mess on the stove. After we were done eating, I cleaned my kitchen and did the dishes. As I was cleaning the stove, I found myself SMILING! I don't mean a slight upturn of the lips, I mean genuinely bursting with happiness and glowing smile! It was wonderful! Imagine, being thrilled at cleaning the stove. Never in my life has this happened to me. When I caught myself, I thought "hmm what the heck?" then I looked around. I was feeling truly blessed and thankful for my surroundings. For the first time in my life, I have enough counter space to leave out all of my small appliances! I never imagined that happening. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves me with every fiber of his being and who appreciates me for who I am. I have 3 beautiful thriving kids that, although they aren't with me, provide me countless amounts of joy and I can't wait to see them again. I have friends that care enough to tell me that they have never seen me glow so much, and I know they mean it. I have a wonderful best friend that just last week sent me a great "thinking of you" package that brightened may day even more. I am blessed far more than I deserve, but I will take it anyway and try with all my soul to never take my life for granted ever again!

1 comment:

  1. I just wish that I could be there to see this glow in person, but it certainly shows every time I see your beautiful smiling face on cam, and every time we chat. For having just moved and continue to unpack I would expect you to look tired, but you don't, you look radiant and so happy. I love you p, and I can't wait to visit. I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete