Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good tears

So we had gone to Waco on Monday to pick up one of Jim's checks and to pick up a few things at Wal-mart. We are having a pretty good day, okay a really good day. He stops to look at some grills and I wander into the holiday department, where they have already set up the Christmas trees. As I walked into the area, it smelled like Christmas. I know that sounds strange, but there was a wonderful cinnamony scent coming from the bags of pine cones and I started feeling an intense amount of joy. I was walking around looking at all these beautiful Christmas tree and I felt so happy. I don't mean that I just felt happy, but I felt a sense of peace come over me and I felt so much comfort and elation. I don't know where it came from, but I started having tears flowing from my eyes, right there in the middle of the garden center at Wal-Mart. Jim walked in and found me a few minutes later and at first didn't notice my "moment" but then as he was pointing out some snowflake decorations, I looked right at him and he had this "you silly girl" look on his face. I rushed into his arms and held on tight while I let intense tears of joy drip from my eyes and onto his face and shoulder. I felt blessed, really really blessed. I never realized it was possible to love someone this much before, at least not this completely. Thank you, God, for leading Jim to Crane.

1 comment: